The Comodo CA digital identity can be used in several enterprise applications, supported by fully automated lifecycle management of the digital identity.
1. SSL: Comodo CA offers 3 types of certificates trusted by 99.99% of the worldwide browsers: Domain Validated, Organization Validated and Extended Validation. For servers within the enterprise, certificates can be issued from a private CA.
2. Network Access:
3. Internet of Things: A digital identity can be installed in your IoT device and the user’s device or application to ensure that only trusted IoT devices can connect to your network, and that the IoT device will only take instructions from or send data to authorized applications and users who also possess a digital identity.
4. Email (SMIME): A digital identity installed in Windows/Mac Outlook/Apple Mail or your mobile device mail application will ensure all intellectual property is encrypted in both transmission and when stored in your mail server.
5. Single Sign-on:
6. Digitally Sign & Encrypt Documents: Using a Digital ID, employees can encrypt the files on their desktop, company servers or cloud servers for authorized individuals or themselves.
7. Enterprise Mobility Management: The applications provided by EMM vendors, such as Email and Browser, will utilize digital identities for authentication, encryption and digital signatures.
8. Code Signing: Ensure your custom enterprise application written for mobile, Windows or Mac is code signed for trusted installation on the device.
The challenge with digital identity management is to ensure that the identity can be 100% automatically installed, renewed, and revoked when the user or device is no longer associated with the enterprise business. The Comodo Certificate Manager (CCM) provides a single user interface to manage all the digital identities issued across the entire enterprise for people and devices.
The CCM API can be integrated with your employee HR or device inventory system, so when people/devices leave or join the enterprise their digital identity can instantly be activated/deactivated by revocation, without touching the device.
There is no need to replace your Microsoft CA to issue certificates, rather CCM will allow you to automate the provisioning of certificates to devices which until now have been manual, such as wireless access points and non-windows web servers.
The discovery capability will search your network looking for orphaned certificates that need to be managed. Certificates issued by a 3rd party can be managed, and prior to expiry automatically updated preventing a service outage.
The CCM supports fully automated certificate lifecycle management with a variety of industry standard protocols, with no need to implement costly propriety solutions.
The Comodo CA solution is designed to be offered as a Multi-Tenant Cloud Service. This means that customers will be quickly setup to issue digital identities, unlike other vendors which take several weeks. Only purchase what you use, avoid the costs of setting up the complete infrastructure for the initial pilot. The Comodo CA solution is housed in geographically separated, secure data centers, offering 99.99% high availability and responsive disaster recovery. Your business is never at risk of down time, costing you money and time.
The Comodo CA cloud service holds several certifications:
The Trusted Advisor will start the process by listening to the customer’s needs, then propose the best practices from the many customer’s we have successfully deployed.