Digital Identity Leader Gains Momentum After Unveiling Innovative New Product Offerings, Forging Strategic Partnerships and Opening New Headquarters
ROSELAND, N.J., July 26, 2018 -- Comodo CA
, a worldwide leader in digital identity solutions, today announced significant revenue growth, driven by continued strong demand for new and existing certificate authority and web security offerings as well as new strategic partnerships in Internet of Things (IoT) and web security. Comodo CA was acquired by private equity firm Francisco Partners from Comodo Group in October 2017. Since the spin-out, the company continues to see increased global demand for its innovative security solutions as evidenced by 25 percent year-over-year growth through the first half of 2018, as well as 40 percent revenue growth from its Enterprise division and a 27 percent increase in global partner revenue during the same time period.
“At a time when safeguarding consumer data has reached an all-time high, Comodo CA is witnessing an insatiable need for organizations to protect digital information and enhance trust in their websites and connected IoT devices,” said Bill Holtz, CEO, Comodo CA. “For more than 20 years, we have been a valued, trusted leader in digital certificates. Comodo CA intends to leverage this long-standing heritage to continue to bring innovative solutions to market and further strengthen our strategic channel partnerships.”
Company milestones during the first half of 2018 include:
About Comodo CA
- IoT Solutions - Comodo CA launched its IoT PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) Manager, a new IoT device security platform, designed to protect devices and networks against cyberattacks. The continued use of self-signed certificates, shared keys and default passwords for IoT device security has rendered IoT devices and networks increasingly vulnerable to imminent cyberattacks. The Comodo CA platform is available across a wide range of industries and applications including industrial automation, medical devices, automotive, telecommunications, smart city/smart buildings and in consumer electronics.
- Certificate Manager (CCM) 6.0 - The latest release of Certificate Manager (CCM) includes advanced features and enhanced automation capabilities to provide enterprises with vendor migration flexibility, the ability to enroll any Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate from a single user interface and one-click key replacement for stronger key migration. CCM 6.0 delivers advanced capabilities, allowing customers to stay security compliant, maintain full visibility of all their certificates through a single interface, and fully control enrollment, management and renewal of certificates across a variety of devices.
- Partnerships – 19 new strategic partners joined the Comodo CA Business Partner Program. Several key partnerships that solidify Comodo CA’s commitment to its IoT platform include Device Authority’s KeyScaler IoT Security Platform and the ability to provide HSM Provisioning & Management through its relationship with Gemalto. Comodo CA has also established global industry memberships to meet required industry standards from WiMAX Forum, GSMA, Zigbee, OCF and Joint Venture – Silicon Valley.
- New Headquarters – The growing demand for evolving and proven cybersecurity solutions across Comodo CA’s business, including enterprise, retail and channel, fueled the need for expanded company operations. Earlier this month Comodo CA moved into new world headquarters in Roseland, NJ, where it will continue to grow its research and development function and sales and support teams.
- Global Expansion – Outside the U.S., Comodo CA continues to expand as a worldwide security provider. In February, the company opened a new development center in Ottawa, Ontario and is now expanding this facility with an additional 3,000 square feet of space to accommodate additional development and quality assurance capabilities. Additionally, Comodo CA’s Ottawa support and validation teams have doubled in size and furthered their capabilities of delivering services in fifteen different languages.
- Industry Recognition – Comodo CA continues to be recognized as a security leader as evidenced by its selection as a Top Ten Connected Security Solution Provider of 2018 by Enterprise Security Magazine and as the Leading Certificate Authority by TLS Telemetry Report. This acknowledgement comes from the 2017 TLS Telemetry Report, which used the Alexa “Top 1 Million” as a primary source of hostnames and calculated the number of digital certificates from each certificate issuer.
A trusted advisor by enterprises globally for more than two decades, Comodo CA provides digital identity solutions for businesses of all sizes – protecting their employees, customers, intellectual property and overall brand – from damages caused by fraudsters impersonating people and devices. As the largest commercial certificate authority with over 100 million SSL certificates issued worldwide, Comodo CA has the experience and performance to meet the growing need to secure transactions and help create online trust. For more information, visit ComodoCA.com
Loren Guertin/Jenna Buraczenski